This vibrant apple ginger green smoothie is full of fresh flavors and has plenty of protein to give you lasting energy all day long.
Planning is vital when it comes to living a healthy lifestyle. From weekly meal planning to creating an exercise schedule to making sure you have healthy snacks on hand, you must think ahead. A lot of people only do this with dinner, but I meal plan all of my meals! It makes it easier that most of my breakfasts are a smoothie. But prepping in advance can make something as simple as a smoothie that much simpler! Today’s smoothie is a delicious Apple Ginger Green Smoothie that’ll help you get in some important greens for vitamins and minerals, as well as packed with protein to keep you feeling full.
- Kale: While raw kale can be slightly bitter, it’s hidden well in this smoothie by the fruit and ginger, giving you all the fiber, antioxidants, vitamins, and iron.
- Apple: I like to use a granny smith, holding true to the “green” theme of this smoothie, but you could use a fuji or gala apple if you don’t like it as tart.
- Celery: Basically flavorless, but packs a punch full of vitamins and nutrients.
- Banana: Bananas are my favorite way to naturally sweeten a smoothie.
- Parsley: In addition to being full of vitamins and nutrients, it is a natural detoxifier and adds a subtle grassy, peppery note that pairs well with the sweet apple and spicy ginger.
- Lemon juice: Adds some brightness and acidity to the smoothie.
- Ginger root: A bit spicy, peppery, and sweet in taste, ginger is great for you digestive tract and immune system.
- Protein powder: Plant based or whey based, adding protein powder is the secret to keeping you feeling full until lunch after drinking this smoothie.
How to Make an Apple Ginger Green Smoothie
Start your apple ginger green smoothie by adding your banana and green apples to your blender.
Next add the chopped celery.
Next add the first of your leafy greens with a bundle of parsley.
Followed by the fresh lemon juice.
And a scoop of your favorite protein powder.
Then take your fresh ginger root and cut it into small pieces and toss it in the blender.
Stuff in the bunch of kale to finish her off.
Put the lid on and blend until smooth, adding water and ice to get to your desired consistency.
Once it’s blended smooth, pour evenly into glasses.
Serve and enjoy your Apple Ginger Green Smoothie!
Make It Your Own
- Swap the veggies. Anything green would work well. Use spinach instead of kale, or cucumber instead of celery!
- Swap the fruit. If you don’t like bananas, you can double down on the apples or even try apple sauce to make it creamier!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is raw ginger in a smoothie good for you?
Yes! Ginger has all sorts of health benefits, including being anti-inflammatory and good for digestion.
Does ginger burn belly fat?
While ginger itself doesn’t help you burn fat, it helps your digestive system so you feel fuller, have less inflammation, and can reduce fat absorption.
Is it okay to have a smoothie everyday?
Yes! Smoothies are a great way to start your day and get all the nutrients you need.
More Delicious Smoothies
- Berry Ginger Chia Smoothie
- Chocolate Orange Protein Smoothie
- Apple Cinnamon Smoothie
- Orange Carrot Smoothie
- Chocolate Oatmeal Smoothie
Eat It, Like It, Share It!
Did you try this smoothie? The next time you make it, snap a picture and share it to your socials! Tag @thelemonbowl and #thelemonbowl so we can admire and share your dish.
Give yourself the vegetables you need while still having a delicious start to your day with my Apple Ginger Green Smoothie.
Your straw is waiting.
Apple Ginger Green Smoothie
- 2 cups kale (loosely packed stems removed)
- 1 medium apple (core removed cut chunks)
- 2 stalks celery (quartered)
- ½ large banana
- ½ cup parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 inch piece ginger root (quartered)
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1 cup water
- Ice to taste
- Place all ingredients except for the ice in a high speed blender and puree until smooth. Add ice to taste and pulse until creamy and smooth.