A lunchtime classic, these chicken salad sliders are served on whole grain rolls and made with real mayonnaise and a splash of tangy dill pickle juice.
I have waited MONTHS for this weekend! Not only will we be celebrating Passover and enjoying my Aunt Patsy’s famous matzo ball soup but Sunday evening is the Mad Men Season 7 Premier! What can I say, it doesn’t take much for me to get jazzed up.
To celebrate all things Mad Men, I’ve paired up with a few of my favorite blogging friends to host a #MadMenBlogParty! But before we get to the that, let’s talk about these tasty little chicken salad sliders.
Made with real, creamy mayonnaise and tangy pickle juice, the crunchy celery and spicy onion add texture and flavor to these classic chicken salad sliders. It’s just the type of food I can imagine Betty having in the fridge for Don to help himself to when he crawled home around midnight on a Tuesday after a long day drinking in the office.
So let’s dish…who is your favorite Mad Men character? Who are you most excited to see this season? Let’s hear it friends!
No forks required.
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast cubed
- 2 celery stalks minced
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/2 cup plain low fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup real mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 whole grain rolls and romaine lettuce to serve
In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, mayo, pickle juice and lemon juice. Stir in cooked chicken, celery and onion then season with salt and pepper to taste.
Slice rolls in half and top with equal parts chicken salad and lettuce if you wish.
- Whiskey Sour from Pass the Sushi
- Old Fashioned from Poet in the Pantry
- Mad Men Manhattan with Mushroom Pate from Creative Culinary
- Pink French 75 from Kelly Bakes
- Sazerac Cocktail from Jelly Toast Blog
- Gimlet from Yankee Kitchen Ninja
- Vegan French Onion Dip from The Viet Vegan
- Cheesy Asparagus Spirals from Comfortably Domestic
- Easy cocktail meatballs The Realistic Nutritionist
- Crab Rangoon from Cooking With Jax
- JELL-O Crown Jewel Dessert Cake from The Apron Archives
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake from I am a Honeybee