A quick and easy side dish recipe, mashed sweet potatoes get a sweet and smoky kick from honey and chipotle peppers in adobo.
I don’t know about your family but all three of the guys in my house ADORE potatoes in any shape or form. They love them roasted, baked into fries, shredded and shaped into pancakes, turned into hash… you name it. We even love grilling them in the summer!
Whenever we are in need of a little extra happiness, I know mashed potatoes are the answer. They’re probably my husband’s ultimate comfort food and I know any time mashed potatoes are on the menu they will be a hit.
Of course, you know me. I couldn’t resist giving them a little kick. Chipotle peppers with adobo provide the perfect subtle smokiness and balance to the naturally sweet and creamy sweet potatoes.
To keep the dish mild, simply remove the seeds before mincing the chipotle peppers. Like things on the spicier side? Leave the seeds. Whatever you decide, your family will love this sweet and smoky mashed sweet potatoes dish.
Your fork is waiting.
Honey Chipotle Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 6 sweet potatoes peeled and quartered
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce minced
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Place sweet potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil then simmer until potatoes are fork tender, about 8-10 minutes; strain.
- Check for seasoning and adjust accordingly before serving.
For more healthy sides, visit Pinterest!