This bright and flavorful shrimp pasta recipe is made with hearty whole wheat linguine, plump shrimp and fresh lemon juice.
This fast and easy lemony shrimp pasta has everything going for it. Not only does the entire meal take less than 15 minutes to cook, it is made of mostly pantry/freezer staples like whole wheat pasta and frozen shrimp, and it only requires one pan. One pan = less dishes which is always a bonus.
You know what else is a bonus? Dole’s new organic baby spinach and arugula mix that comes pre-washed and ready to eat. While it would be delicious in a simple salad, the zesty, bold flavors are the perfect compliment to the bright lemon juice, garlicky shrimp and nutty whole wheat linguine.
As always, if you don’t have shrimp on hand you can easily swap it out for scallops or chicken. Want to keep it vegetarian? Turn it into a primavera style pasta with asparagus, red pepper slices or whatever fresh veggies you have on hand.
Your fork is waiting.
Lemon Shrimp Pasta with Greens
- 8 ounces whole wheat linguine cooked according to package instructions
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound shrimp raw, peeled and deveined
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 5 ounces Dole Organic Baby Spinach & Arugula
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese shredded
- chili flakes optional garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions, reserving ½ cup of the starchy cooking liquid.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a deep skillet. Sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper on both sides and add to pan in a single layer. Cook until shrimp is pink, about 3 minutes total, turning once.
- Add garlic to the shrimp and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds, being careful not to burn. Stir in lemon juice, lemon zest and spinach/arugula blend. Sauté until greens start to wilt, about 2 minutes.
- Stir cooked pasta, parmesan cheese and reserved cooking liquid into the pan and toss to coat. Season with chili flakes and additional salt and pepper to taste before serving hot.
Check out my Pinterest board for more healthy and easy dinner ideas!