Roasted vegetables are dressed lightly with a garlicky tahini lemon sauce with bright parsley to brighten the flavor to create the perfect vegetarian side dish.
Tahini and I are BFF’s. My son adores hummus and so does his mama so we make it weekly around here. When I run low on tahini, I have to run out and get more.
Of course, I can’t let hummus have all of the fun. That’s where the tahini comes in.
Did you know that certain vitamins require fat to be fully absorbed? Vitamins A, D, K and E all need fat in order to be carried into the bloodstream and on to our organs that need them.
Fat = Flavor: If food doesn’t taste delicious, it doesn’t matter how healthy it is because no one will eat it. A little sesame oil on steamed broccoli goes a long way, my friends.
Omega-3’s: Omega-3 fatty acids are critical and most people don’t consume enough.
Warning: Be sure to make extra tahini sauce. It is fabulous drizzled over grilled meats, used as a dip for veggies or added to a breakfast smoothie. Just kidding. Although….
Frequently asked questions:
Most grocery stores sell tahini in their ethnic section.
Your fork is waiting.
Roasted Vegetables with Tahini Lemon Sauce
- 1 head cauliflower cut florets
- 2 sweet potatoes cut cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 juice and zest of lemon
- 1 clove garlic grated
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup hot water
- ¼ cup parsley minced
- Pre-heat oven to 400.
- Toss cauliflower and sweet potato with olive oil, salt, and pepper then spread out in an even layer on a foil-lined baking sheet. Roast for 20-25 minutes or until browned.
- In a small bowl, whisk together tahini, lemon juice/zest, garlic, and salt. Slowly add in the hot water until desired consistency is reached. Stir in parsley and set aside.
- When vegetables are done roasting, serve on a platter and drizzle with tahini lemon parsley sauce. Serve warm or at room temp.
Where can I buy tahini?Most grocery stores sell tahini in their ethnic section.
Looking for more delicious appetizer recipes? Check out my Pinterest board!