An easy party appetizer, feta cheese is whipped until creamy with sweet and caramelized roasted garlic then spread on toasted crostini.
Earlier this month I partnered with Milk Means More to host a few of my gal pals for a little holiday party to kick off the season!
I kept the bar simple with just prosecco, pinot noir and a large jug of my Chai Infused White Russians.
As busy moms of as many as four little ones, it’s not every day that we take the time out to get together and soak in the season so this was a real treat!
The star appetizer of the party? My Roasted Garlic Whipped Feta Crostini sprinkled with pomegranate seeds.
The best part? It’s super easy to make ahead of time so that you can relax and enjoy the party and your friends!
To save even more time on the day of the part, you can slice the bread the night before. Since it gets toasted in the oven, it’s perfectly ok to use day old bread.
Whatever you do, just grab your girlfriends and have some fun!
Just don’t forget to make these whipped feta crostinis.
Your fork is waiting.
Roasted Garlic Whipped Feta Crostini
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- 1 bulb garlic (about 12 cloves)
- 1 teaspoon salt (divided)
- 1 teaspoon pepper (divided)
- 32 slices baguette
- 8 ounces feta cheese
- ½ cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup parsley (minced)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Slice garlic bulb in half exposing the garlic heads and place in the center of a large piece of tin foil. Drizzle each half with half of the olive oil (2 tablespoons), salt (1/2 teaspoon) and pepper (1/2 teaspoon). Wrap foil tightly around garlic and roast until caramelized, about 30 minutes.
- While garlic is roasting, place the baguette slices on a large baking sheet and drizzle with remaining olive oil. Bake until golden brown, in the second rack of the 400 degree oven, for about 10 minutes; set aside.
- While the baguette slices are toasting, place the feta cheese, milk, lemon juice, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a high speed food processor. Once the garlic is done roasting pop out the garlic cloves and add to the food processor. Pulse until whipped and creamy – adding more milk as needed to reach desired consistency. Check for seasoning and adjust to taste.
- To serve, spread each crostini with whipped feta and sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and minced parsley.
Photography by Alejandro Photography // Recipe by The Lemon Bowl