A fresh and fruity spin on the classic Moscow Mule recipe, these strawberry mules are made with fresh berries, lime juice and mint. For a spicy kick, you can choose to infuse your simple syrup with jalapenos if you wish.
Moscow Mules are one of my favorite cocktails for entertaining. Refreshing and citrusy with a kick of ginger and sweetness, they are always a crowd favorite.
Of course, the core ingredients of the Moscow Mule always remain the same: lime juice, fresh mint, ginger beer, vodka and simple syrup.
While you could certainly leave it right there, I like to kick things up a notch by infusing my simple syrup with a little jalapeño while it cools. The spicy jalapeño is the perfect balance to the sweet and fruity strawberries.
Don’t want a spicy cocktail? No worries, keep your simple syrup simple with just sugar and water. Love ginger? Try adding a few inches of sliced ginger to the simple syrup when you remove it from the heat. As the simple syrup cools, the ginger will infuse the syrup. Simply drain/remove and toss the ginger before using the syrup.
Since I love my cocktails to be on the fizzier side, I like to top each glass with a splash of club soda right before serving. Want to keep the drink less sweet? Add less simple syrup and less ginger beer. There’s nothing wrong with a little extra lime juice if you ask me as well.
No forks required.
Strawberry Moscow Mule Cocktail
- 1 cup strawberries (quartered)
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- 2 limes (divided)
- 4 ounces vodka
- 8 ounces ginger beer
- 8 ounces club soda
Jalapeno Simple Syrup
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- ½ jalapeno (sliced – optional)
- lime wedges, mint leaves and strawberries
- Take one of limes and cut in half then quarter each half. Place lime wedges in a large pitcher along with mint leaves and strawberries. Using a muddler or the back of a wooden spoon start mashing the fruit and herbs together to release the flavors.
- To the pitcher add the vodka along with the ginger beer and simple syrup. Stir then pour into four glasses filled with ice, leaving room for a splash of club soda. Top each glass with club soda and garnish if you wish before serving.
Jalapeno Simple Syrup
- Place water and sugar in a small sauce pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and whisk for 60 seconds or until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and add jalapeno slices if you wish (or skip.) Let cool completely before using. Strain jalapeno before using simple syrup.