Satisfying and comforting Indian inspired vegetarian dish packed with protein and full of flavor thanks to warm spices.
Slow Cooker Vegetable Curry with Chickpeas is the perfect hands-off recipe for a busy week night. Warm, comforting and jam-packed with nutrients, it works well with just about any vegetables you have on hand. In fact, we rarely make it with the same ingredients twice for that very reason!
The reason I fell in love with this recipe is because of its versatility. Sweet potatoes can easily be swapped for butternut squash or white potatoes. Cauliflower can be substituted with green beans. Red peppers can be replaced with diced tomatoes.
Let the season and your produce drawer inspire you.
Your fork is waiting.
- Serves: 4
- Serving size: 3 cups
- Calories: 292
- Fat: 4.7 g
- Saturated fat: 1.8 g
- Unsaturated fat: 2.9 g
- Trans fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 55.2 g
- Sugar: 16.4 g
- Sodium: 912 mg
- Fiber: 14.7 g
- Protein: 13.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0
- 4 cups cauliflower - cut in florets
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts - quartered
- 1 sweet potato - peeled and diced
- 1 red pepper - diced
- 1 medium onion - diced
- 15 ounce can chickpeas - drained
- 15 ounce can tomato sauce - low sodium
- ½ cup light coconut milk
- ½ cup chicken broth - low sodium
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon cayenne - optional
- ½ cup frozen green peas
- salt and pepper to taste
- plain yogurt, cilantro, sriracha and scallions - optional garnishes
- Place vegetables, chickpeas, tomato sauce, coconut milk, chicken broth and spices in the slow cooker and heat on Low for 8 hours or on High for 4 hours.
- Before serving stir in green peas to warm.
- Check for seasoning and adjust accordingly.
- Serve over brown rice or grain of choice (or on own) with yogurt, cilantro and scallions. Sriracha doesn't hurt either.