A simple and flavorful grilled chicken recipe, my Indian spiced yogurt marinade tenderizes lean meat to create a juicy end result your whole family will love.
Let’s be real: boneless, skinless chicken breasts can get boring when eaten night after night. Since they are naturally lean, they have a tendency to dry out quickly if not prepared properly.
To ensure a juicy, tender chicken breast, I love creating quick and easy yogurt marinades. Acting as a natural tenderizer, the acidity in yogurt is my secret weapon to perfect chicken every time.
Similar to lemon juice, it helps break down the proteins in the meat which results in a moist and flavorful end product.
We always have plain yogurt on hand for smoothies, tzatziki, cucumber raita and more so I love using it to throw together a quick marinade. Speaking of raita, this Indian Spiced Grilled Chicken is best served with a cool and creamy yogurt sauce on the side. In fact, I love whipping up the raita while the chicken is marinating.
If you don’t love Indian flavors, feel free to use any of your favorite spices. This would be ideal for my All Purpose Lebanese Spice Blend or you could head to Mexico and add smoked paprika, cumin and lime juice.
The options are endless…fire up the grill and enjoy.
Your fork is waiting.
- four (6 ounce) chicken breasts - boneless, skinless
- 1 cup plain low fat yogurt
- 4 garlic cloves - grated
- juice of one lemon (about ¼ cup)
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger - minced
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- Place chicken breasts in a large resealable plastic bag or glass dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together marinade: yogurt through cayenne. Pour over the chicken and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Pre-heat the grill to high and spray with non-stick cooking or grilling spray.
- Grill chicken breasts 6-8 minutes per side, turning once, or until chicken reaches internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Check out these other delicious chicken recipes created for the Food Network’s #SummerSoiree!
Feed Me Phoebe: Grilled Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas
Jeanette’s Healthy Living: Fajita Spiced Beer Can Chicken
Dishing With Divya: General Tso’s Chicken with Indian Jeera Rice
Weelicious: Breaded Chicken Cutlets with Pea Salad
Sweet Life Bake: Chicken Fajitas
Napa Farmhouse 1885: Farmhouse Fried Chicken
Red or Green: Spicy Chicken Provencal with Peppers and Heirloom Tomatoes
Elephants and the Coconut Trees: Sweet and Sour Sesame Chicken
Domesticate Me: Cilantro-Lime Grilled Chicken with Strawberry-Jalapeno Salsa
Devour: 5 Sizzling Skewers
Swing Eats: Long John Silver’s Style Fried Chicken Planks (Gluten-Free)
Food for 7 Stages of Life: Best Tandoori Chicken Recipe
Taste With The Eyes: Perfect Chicken Dish to Serve to a Crowd
FN Dish: Chicken is Better with Grill Marks