Oatmeal is the perfect food, I’m sure of it. The number of varieties are endless and it is ready in just minutes. Today I used apples and bananas but this recipe works with just about anything you have in the house. The key is to follow to a healthy oatmeal breakfast:
Oats (whole grain/fiber) + Milk (protein/calcium) + Fruit (vitamins) + Nuts (protein/healthy fat) + Flaxseed (omega-3’s) = Happy Breakfast
Your spoon is waiting.
Apple Banana Nut Oatmeal
- In a pot over medium heat, wisk together milk, water, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and a pinch of salt.
- Bring to a boil gradually and add in oats, banana and apple.
- Heat mixture to a boil then reduce heat to low and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir frequently and add flax and walnuts during the last minute.
- Serve when oatmeal has reached desired consistency.