A simple way to make oatmeal for yourself or your kids that it’s ready on the stove top in less than 20 minutes.
Oatmeal is the perfect food, I’m sure of it. The number of varieties are endless and it is ready in just minutes. Today I used apples and bananas but this recipe works with just about anything you have in the house. The key is to follow to a healthy oatmeal breakfast:
Oats (whole grain/fiber) + Milk (protein/calcium) + Fruit (vitamins) + Nuts (protein/healthy fat) + Flaxseed (omega-3’s) = Happy Breakfast
Your spoon is waiting.
Apple Banana Nut Oatmeal
- In a pot over medium heat, wisk together milk, water, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and a pinch of salt.
- Bring to a boil gradually and add in oats, banana and apple.
- Heat mixture to a boil then reduce heat to low and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir frequently and add flax and walnuts during the last minute.
- Serve when oatmeal has reached desired consistency.