Ready in 5 minutes, this satisfying no-cook avocado toast breakfast is packed with protein, fiber and healthy fats – perfect for busy mornings or an easy lunch.
Why is it that so many people skip breakfast? It’s my favorite meal of the day! It jump starts your metabolism and gives you the energy you need to get going with your day. Well you’ll no longer want to skip breakfast with this simple and quick Avocado Toast with Cottage Cheese and Tomatoes. Not only is it delicious, but it doesn’t require any cooking, making it quick so you can make it and take it on the go. And it isn’t only great for breakfast, it’d make a great snack as well!
- Whole grain bread: Hearty enough to hold the weight of the ingredients as well as flavorful. But the type of bread is totally up to you!
- Cottage cheese: I use low fat cottage cheese and it adds great flavor and texture, as well as being protein, calcium, and vitamins and minerals.
- Avocado: Naturally rich in flavor and creamy in texture, it’s also a huge source of protein, fiber, and vitamin C.
- Tomato: A bit sweet, juicy, and chalk full of vitamins.
- Red onion: Mild enough to eat raw, but strong enough to add a zing of sharp flavor.
How to Make Avocado Toast with Cottage Cheese and Tomatoes
Start you Avocado Toast with Cottage Cheese and Tomatoes by slicing and toasting your whole grain bread. You could use white bread or whatever wheat bread you have on hand as well, but seedy, whole grain, crusty bread is my favorite!
Then cut your fresh avocado in half and slice into thin slices, and slice your fresh tomatoes.
Spread your cottage cheese evenly on each slice of toast.
Season each with a bit of salt and pepper, then layer with tomato slices.
Top the tomatoes with avocado slices.
And a pinch more of salt and pepper.
Finish your toast by thinly slicing red onion and adding to the top of your toast.
Enjoy your delicious breakfast of Avocado Toast with Cottage Cheese and Tomatoes.
Additions / Substitutions:
- Up the protein. Cottage cheese is already high protein, but bacon strips would taste great, or use bacon bits to keep it a “no cook” meal.
- Switch the cheese. If you’re not a fan of cottage cheese, spreadable cheese with chives would be a good substitute.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is avocado toast good for losing belly fat?
Because avocados are packed with monounsaturated fats (the good kind of fat), it actually helps you burn fat and keeps it from accumulating around your middle!
What is the difference between avodaco toast and guacamole toast?
It’s basically as it sounds, with avocado toast simply being smashed or sliced avocado, and guacamole toast using guacamole that usually includes other ingredients like lime juice, garlic, onion, and sometimes bits of tomato.
How do you keep cut avocado from turning brown?
Keep the pit! By keeping the pit with the avocado and putting it in an airtight container in the fridge, you can slow the browning. You can also sprinkle it with lime or lemon juice!
More Delicious Breakfast
- Apple Cinnamon Protein Pancakes
- Blueberry Ginger Peach Smoothie
- Asparagus and Goat Cheese Frittata
- Maple and Brown Sugar Oatmeal
- Cheese and Veggie Baked Egg Cups
Did you try this breakfast dish and love it? The next time you make it, snap a picture and share it to your socials! Tag @thelemonbowl and #thelemonbowl so we can admire and share your meal.
Avocado toast is a great quick, easy breakfast with tons of variations; no more excuses for skipping this important meal! And it’ll keep you full and satisfied until lunch.
No fork required.
Avocado Toast with Cottage Cheese and Tomatoes
- 8 slices whole grain bread (toasted)
- 2 cups cottage cheese (low fat)
- 1 ripe California avocado (sliced)
- 1 tomato (sliced)
- ½ red onion (sliced)
- salt and freshly cracked pepper (to taste)
- Lay toasted bread slices out on a large cutting board and top each one with ¼ cup of cottage cheese. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top cottage cheese with avocado, tomato slices, and red onion slices, then season with another pinch of salt and pepper. Serve.
49 thoughts on “Avocado Toast with Cottage Cheese & Tomatoes”
I tried the avocado and cottage cheese toast and absolutely love it !
The bread looks delicious. Can you give the brand name please.
I’m afraid it’s from a local bakery but any crusty whole grain bread works well!
Hi Liz, your recipe is great!
Can we repost them for our Instagram? We sell cottage cheese in Chile!
Yes you can!
Liz, thanks again for such wonderful ideas! I have ingredients to make that right here in my house and it looks so much more exciting than the toast with cream cheese I had a few hours ago. Really enjoy your website oh, you are very inspiring as I have mentioned before. Thank you.
YUM!!!! Excellent recipe. I put very thin sliced red onion on it and for me, it made it OUT OF THIS WORLD!
Sounds delightful! I would drizzle with flax oil for an added antioxidant boost. Plus cottage cheese and flax combined fight cancer.
I can always count on any of your Pinterest post to be totally fantastic. And this one surely is. We get real tired of the so called “normal” breakfast items. I also have used spreadable cheese with chives when cottage cheese is not in the fridge. Love your blog!!
Thank you so so much!
Very good but i put some bacon strips on top, i also spreaded garlic butteron sourdough very goooood!
So funny I made this recently with bacon – love the garlic butter idea!!