This light and refreshing cherry vanilla vodka soda cocktail recipe is made with vanilla vodka and scented with bright cherry flavor.
In this Post: Everything you need for Cherry Vanilla Vodka Soda
When it comes to cocktails, I love them light, refreshing and not too sweet. Whether it’s for happy hour with my girlfriends, a moment to myself on my back deck, or a relaxing Saturday night in with my husband, I love getting creative with mixology such as this Cherry Vanilla Vodka Soda. Made with just a few simple ingredients and low in sugar and calories, a vodka soda is the perfect way to treat yourself without breaking the calorie bank.
- Vanilla vodka: I usually use Smirnoff vanilla vodka as it’s slightly sweet and very smooth, while also being budget friendly, but you can use your favorite brand of vanilla vodka.
- Cherry syrup: I’ll just steal some juice from my jar of maraschino cherries! But there are a ton of flavor syrups you can buy and use to add the cherry flavor as well.
- Lime juice: Fresh lime juice adds a taste of citrus and some needed brightness which helps to cut through some of the more artificial flavors of the cherry and vanilla.
- Club soda: Makes the drink a bit bubbly and balances the flavors.
How to Make a Cherry Vanilla Vodka Soda
Start your Cherry Vanilla Vodka Soda by adding ice to four glasses. I recommend large ice cubes as they’ll melt slower and not dilute the drink. Next you’ll pour your favorite vanilla vodka into each glass.
Next you’ll add a splash of cherry juice to each.
Followed by the fresh lime juice.
Top each glass off with club soda, or a flavored sparkling water for some added flavor.
Garnish each glass with a lime slice and some maraschino cherries, and enjoy your Cherry Vanilla Vodka Soda!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can you drink vanilla vodka straight?
You can, and depending on the brand it’ll still be delicious. I find that it’s even better over ice and mixed in a cocktail.
Is cherry vodka a thing?
Yes, and I believe Smirnoff also makes a cherry infused vodka. That would make an awfully strong drink if you doubled up on the vodkas, but maybe a stronger drink is what you want!
How can I turn this drink into a virgin cocktail or mocktail?
Instead of vanilla vodka, use cream soda or up the club soda and add a couple drops of a quality vanilla extract.
- Spicy Jalapeño Margarita
- New Orleans Hurricane Cocktail
- Pomegranate Moscow Mule
- Frozen Boozy Cucumber Lemonade
- Caribbean Rum Punch Cocktail
Did you try this drink and love it? The next time you make it, snap a picture and share it to your socials! Tag @thelemonbowl and #thelemonbowl so we can admire and share your drink.
A perfectly quick, easy, and refreshing cocktail, treat yourself withy my Cherry Vanilla Vodka Soda.
Your straw is waiting.
Cherry Vanilla Vodka Soda
- 8 ounces vanilla vodka
- ¼ cup maraschino cherry syrup
- ¼ cup lime juice
- club soda (to top)
- maraschino cherries and lime wedges (optional garnish)
- Fill four glasses with ice and pour 2 ounces of vanilla vodka in each glass.
- Add one tablespoon of maraschino cherry syrup and lime juice to each then top with club soda. Stir once before serving.
- Garnish with maraschino cherries and lime wedges