Potatoes are steamed until tender then lightly tossed in butter and fresh dill to create this fast and easy side dish recipe.
This easy potato recipe is the recipe of my childhood. My mom would make these buttered dill potatoes at least once a week.
Steamed potatoes tossed lightly with butter, dill, salt, and pepper – it really doesn’t get any easier or tastier than that.
While you can certainly boil the potatoes, I like to steam them to lock in as many nutrients as possible. If you’re looking for a cheap steamer insert, I’ve used this one for years.
Creamy Little Company Potato baby potatoes are halved, steamed then tossed lightly in butter, fresh dill, salt and pepper. It’s as easy and as delicious as it sounds.
Your fork is waiting.
Buttered Dill Potatoes
- 16 Blushing Belle or other Little Potato Company Variety halved
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Fill a large pot with about 3 inches of water and place a steamer insert in the bottom of the pan. Bring to a boil.
- Place halved potatoes on top of the steamer insert and cover pot with a lid. Steam potatoes until fork tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove steamed potatoes from the pot, drain water and remove steamer insert. Return potatoes to the warm pot and add butter, dill, salt and pepper. Toss to coat until butter is melted then serve warm.
Disclosure: I am honored to be a Brand Ambassador for The Little Potato Company. Thank you for supporting the brands that make The Lemon Bowl possible. All thoughts are my own.
For more satisfying and healthy side dish recipes, head over to my Pinterest board!