Potatoes are steamed until tender then lightly tossed in butter and fresh dill to create this fast and easy side dish recipe.
This easy potato recipe is the recipe of my childhood. My mom would make these buttered dill potatoes at least once a week.
Steamed potatoes tossed lightly with butter, dill, salt, and pepper – it really doesn’t get any easier or tastier than that.
While you can certainly boil the potatoes, I like to steam them to lock in as many nutrients as possible. If you’re looking for a cheap steamer insert, I’ve used this one for years.
Creamy Little Company Potato baby potatoes are halved, steamed then tossed lightly in butter, fresh dill, salt and pepper. It’s as easy and as delicious as it sounds.
Serve with roasted chicken, meatloaf, baked salmon, pot roast – you name it! These potatoes are versatile, comforting and always a family favorite.
Your fork is waiting.
Buttered Dill Potatoes
- 16 Blushing Belle or other Little Potato Company Variety (halved)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill (minced)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Fill a large pot with about 3 inches of water and place a steamer insert in the bottom of the pan. Bring to a boil.
- Place halved potatoes on top of the steamer insert and cover pot with a lid. Steam potatoes until fork tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove steamed potatoes from the pot, drain water and remove steamer insert. Return potatoes to the warm pot and add butter, dill, salt and pepper. Toss to coat until butter is melted then serve warm.
For more satisfying and healthy side dish recipes, head over to my Pinterest board!
These are calling my name! YUM!
This would be the perfect side for dinner!
I love these mini potatoes and this is such a perfect, easy side dish!
These potatoes look amazing! I love the addition of dill and can’t wait to try it!
These potatoes look perfectly done, great recipe!
thank you enjoy!
These look tasty!
These potatoes look great! I can’t wait to try them!!
Love that you added dill to these!! What great flavor!!
Thank you!! They’re so good!
You’re right, my fork IS waiting! LOVE potatoes, especially the baby ones because they cook so much faster and they are easier to handle!
hahah thank you!!
Potatoes and dill is SUCH a good combo! Totally adding these to my menu!
Hope you enjoy!
I’m obsessed with these little guys, I think they are such fun, and you’re recipe is so simple! They make a mean potato salad, too :)
The combination of potatoes and the butter and dill is just perfect. I love how simple it is but full of flavor. I am going to be making these ASAP for my family!