This simple, homemade honey mustard vinaigrette dressing takes just minutes to make using pantry staples you likely already have on hand!
This Honey Mustard Vinaigrette is always a family favorite due to the sweet and tangy flavor combination, and how versatile it is! Made with just five simple ingredients, it tastes great as both a salad dressing and a dipping sauce. I’m so happy my mom taught me how easy it is to make salad dressings at home, and once you learn this quick and easy recipe, you’ll never buy store-bought again!
- Honey: Naturally sweet, it pairs wonderfully with the tang of the mustard for a well balanced taste.
- Dijon mustard: Tangy, sharp, with a bit of spice, it’s stronger than typical mustard. You could also use a brown or grainy mustard.
- Garlic: Nutty, spicy, strong flavor that is delicious with salads (or really anything).
- Olive oil: Adds volume to the dressing while blending with ingredients to combine it all in cohesive dressing.
- Lemon juice: Bright, acidic flavor that adds fresh citrus to the dressing.
How to Make Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
Start your honey mustard vinaigrette by adding honey to a medium or small bowl.
Then add your dijon mustard.
Next use a microplane to grate the garlic into the bowl.
Then slowly add the olive oil, whisking all the while to emulsify the oil into the dressing.
Add the lemon juice, making sure to catch any seeds.
Then finish with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
Give it another strong whisking to make sure it’s fully combined.
Serve over your favorite green salad or alongside vegetables as a dipping sauce, and enjoy your Honey Mustard Vinaigrette!
Frequently asked questions
How long does homemade salad dressing keep for?
You should be able to keep it in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Can you replace lemon juice with apple cider vinegar?
I wouldn’t recommended it, as the apple cider vinegar would be too strong. I would try rice vinegar and use half the amount of lemon juice and add from there to taste.
Is honey dijon the same as dijon?
Honey dijon is going to be much sweeter and a bit milder than just plain dijon.
More Salad Dressing
- Healthy Blue Cheese Dressing
- Italian Dressing
- Healthy Ranch Dressing
- Creamy Avocado Cilantro Dressing
- Lemon Garlic Dijon Vinaigrette
Yummy Salad Recipes
- Greek Herb Salad with Feta
- Kale Caesar Salad
- Syrian Salad
- Strawberry Arugula Salad
- Cucumber Zucchini Salad
Eat It, Like It, Share it!
Did you try this salad dressing? The next time you make it, snap a picture and share it to your socials! Tag @thelemonbowl and #thelemonbowl so we can admire and share your meal.
Ready to dip veggies into or drizzle over your favorite salad, your whole family will enjoy this Honey Mustard Vinaigrette.
Your fork is waiting.
Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
- Place all ingredients in a resealable glass jar and shake well, or in a bowl and whisk well. Check for seasoning and adjust accordingly.
- Serve over salad greens immediately or store in an air-tight refrigerated container for up to 10 days.