Ready in just 5 minutes, Brussels sprouts are steamed until tender then tossed in a lemon garlic vinaigrette creating the ultimate healthy and delicious side dish recipe.
Believe it or not, the holidays are right around the corner! Are you ready? Whether you’re hosting the big meal or need a dish to pass, this 4-ingredient Lemon Garlic Brussels Sprouts recipe is for you!
Since this is our first year in our new home and our first time ever hosting Thanksgiving, you better believe I am in favor of any dish that is ready in just 5 minutes! The secret to this fast-cooking side dish recipe? Ocean Mist’s Season and Steam Brussels sprouts that cook in just 5 minute flat!
While there are endless ways to elevate the flavor of these nutritional powerhouses, I love making a simple lemon garlic vinaigrette with olive oil and a pinch of chili flakes. A sprinkle of fresh scallions on top before serving is all you need to turn this naturally gluten free side dish recipe from blah to yum.
Your fork is waiting.
Steamed Lemon Garlic Brussels Sprouts
- 15 ounce bag Ocean Mist Season and Steam Microwavable Brussels Sprouts
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch chili flakes optional garnish
- minced scallions optional garnish
- Prepare the Brussels sprouts in the microwave according to package instructions, without any added seasoning.
- While the Brussels are cooking in the microwave, whisk together the lemon garlic vinaigrette in a medium bowl: lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt and chili flakes (if using).
- Add the cooked Brussels sprouts to the bowl and toss well. Sprinkle with scallions if you wish to serve.
Recipe by The Lemon Bowl
Check out my Pinterest board to see more healthy side dish recipes!