Garlic and lemon make these rosemary chicken breasts tasty, but they also pack a load of protein in a low-calorie meal.
You can find me out at the grill as soon as the snow in Michigan melts, and I’ll stay there until the snow falls again! Grilling is a great way to cook your meals while saving on energy and keeping your kitchen clean. And this simple but delicious Rosemary Chicken Breasts is a great recipe to add to your rotation. Make extra chicken and use the leftovers on salads, wrapped in a pita with hummus, or for quick and easy taco night.
- Chicken breasts: High in protein while low in calories, it’s a great meat option for a balanced diet.
- Lemon juice and zest: Adds bright, citrusy flavor that pairs well with the undertones of the rosemary.
- Garlic: Nutty, earthy, and robust in flavor, I’ll add garlic to almost anything.
- Olive oil: Helps to coat the chicken and marinate in the rest of the flavors.
- Rosemary: Aromatic with hints of evergreen, citrus, pepper, and sage.
How to Make Rosemary CHicken Breasts
Start your Rosemary Chicken Breasts by freshly chopping some rosemary sprigs.
Then in a small measuring cup or bowl, start your marinade by adding the lemon juice.
Then using a microplane, freshly grate your garlic into the marinade.
Add the chopped rosemary and some salt and pepper.
Then stir in the olive oil.
Next, in a large resealable bag, pour the marinade over your chicken breasts and let marinate for at least 30 minutes, but preferably overnight in the fridge.
Preheat your grill, and grill your chicken breasts over high heat for about 5 minutes per side.
Serve sliced or whole with fresh lemon slices as garnish, and enjoy your grilled Rosemary Chicken Breasts!
Frequently Asked Questions:
What do you serve chicken with?
Can I use thyme instead of rosemary?
Yes, thyme is a great replacement for rosemary.
Can I make this in the oven?
Yes you can! Using the broil function of your oven is almost like an indoor grill. Follow the same directions, but broil for about 5 minutes per side on high.
More Grilling Recipes
- Grilled Shrimp Tacos with Cabbage Slaw
- Flank Steak Tacos
- Chipotle Soy Turkey Tenderloins
- Grilled Eggplant with Tahini Sauce
- Grilled Turkey Burgers with Pesto
Did you try this chicken recipe? The next time you make it, snap a picture and share it to your socials! Tag @thelemonbowl and #thelemonbowl so we can admire and share your meal.
No matter how you choose to enjoy it, be sure to add this Rosemary Chicken Breasts to your regular rotation. With just 218 calories and over 30g protein per serving, it’s the perfect addition to any dinner plate.
Your fork is waiting.
Rosemary Chicken Breasts
- 4 chicken breasts (boneless skinless (about six oz each))
- 2 lemons (juice and zest of both)
- 3 cloves garlic (grated)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rosemary (minced)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Place chicken breasts in a resealable plastic bag.
- Using a microplane, zest both lemons over a small bowl.
- Add juice of both lemons along with all remaining ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Pour marinade over the chicken and refrigerate for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Pre-heat grill pan or grill over high heat.
- Cook chicken for 4-5 minutes per side or until internal temp reads 165 degrees or higher.
- Serve chicken breasts whole or sliced.
Need more flavorful dinner ideas?? Head over to my Pinterest board for extra inspiration!!