Overnight steel cut oats are a great make-ahead breakfast idea for busy mornings. No Cooking required.
Waking up and realizing that breakfast is already made probably ranks up there as one of the best feelings I’ve ever experienced. Breakfast isn’t my favorite meal of the day, but it is definitely the most important. If you’ve never given overnight oats a try, here are 3 reasons you should make them today:
- Steel cut oats typically require 15-20 minutes to cook. On leisurely weekend mornings, I enjoy this extra time to drink coffee and relax with my family while preparing any of these tasty variations: Coconut Triple Berry, Apples and Flax, or Blueberries and Walnuts. Busy weekdays? Not so much.
- Breakfast can be prepared on your schedule, any time of day. Don’t step foot in the door until 8PM? They can be made then. Baby naps at 1PM? That works, too. You get the drift.
You’ll thank me in the morning.
Your spoon is waiting.
Overnight Steel Cut Oats
- Combine oats, yogurt, milk, flax and pinch of salt in a glass jar and stir well.
- Seal jar and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, stir in cinnamon, banana slices, peanut butter and berries.