Table of Contents
These flavor-packed Za’atar Crusted Cauliflower Steaks are easy to make and are the ultimate vegetarian entree or side dish recipe!
If you buy your cauliflower at the right time, you’ll find that they can get HUGE! If you’ve never tried making cauliflower steaks at home, I think you should start. Now. And since we all know I always have za’atar on hand, I couldn’t resist giving these beauties a Lebanese spin. So I give to you, Za’atar Crusted Cauliflower Steaks, a vegan and vegetarian dish that anyone will love.
- Cauliflower: A firm vegetable with sweet and nutty flavor, its high in fiber and B vitamins.
- Za’atar: Made with thyme, sumac, sesame seeds, and other spices, za’atar is my favorite all purpose spice.
- Olive oil: Heart healthy oil that helps to coat the cauliflower steaks and adhere the spices.
- Salt & pepper: Balances out and enhances the natural flavors.
How to Make Za’atar Crusted Cauliflower Steaks
Prepare to make your Za’atar Crusted Cauliflower Steaks by cutting your cauliflower into thick slices, about 3/4 of an inch to an inch thick.
Then lay them out on a prepared baking sheet.
Next, drizzle the cauliflower steaks with olive oil, flipping to get both sides.
And give a healthy sprinkle of za’atar over the whole thing, also getting both sides.
Finish with some salt & pepper before tossing them in the oven at 425 for about 20-25 minutes.
Once crispy and browned, remove from the oven and enjoy your Za’atar Crusted Cauliflower Steaks!
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the best way to cut cauliflower steaks?
I like to start by cutting the bottom of the cauliflower so it sits evenly on the counter or cutting board, then I cut it into thick slices, about 3/4 of an inch thick so that they don’t fall apart.
Why is cauliflower steak called steak?
Other than that they mimic the shape and size of a steak, it’s also a great “steak” alternative for someone who is vegetarian or vegan.
More Ways to Use Za’atar
- Za’atar Roasted Carrots and Green Beans
- Baked Pita Chips with Za’atar
- Labneh with Olive Oil and Za’atar
- Za’atar Spiced Grilled Chicken
- Grilled Asparagus with Lemon and Za’atar
Did you try this recipe and like it? The next time you make it, snap a picture and share it to your socials! Tag @thelemonbowl and #thelemonbowl so we can admire and share your meal.
Delicious as a side dish but meaty enough for a vegetarian main dish, these Za’atar Crusted Cauliflower Steaks are going to be a huge family favorite.
Your fork is waiting.
Za’atar Crusted Cauliflower Steaks
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and lay cauliflower steaks in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle cauliflower with olive oil on both sides and sprinkle evenly with za’atar, salt and pepper.
- Roast until crispy, about 20-25 minutes.