Perfect for feeding a crowd in a hurry, this no-mess Sheet Pan Oven Baked Grilled Cheese recipe is perfect for a weeknight lunch, after school snack, or quick dinner in between sports and other activities. Pairs perfectly with a warm bowl of soup!
In this Post: Everything you need for Sheet Pan Oven Baked Grilled Cheese
That fall chill is finally arriving in the air here in Michigan, and while I don’t need an excuse to eat soup in my house, it sure has made me crave it! And I found just the thing when I was grocery shopping the other week. When I’m shopping at our local D&W Fresh Market, I love to pick up items that will help me make quick and delicious meals for my family. And being a working mom with two busy boys makes these easy meals all the more helpful. My Sheet Pan Oven Baked Grilled Cheese can be made in less than 15 minutes, and pairs great with the Fresh & Finest deli soups by the Our Family brand!
- Butter: Unsalted butter helps to get that crunchy, toasted bread for the perfect sandwich.
- Bread: While I prefer to use a whole grain or seedy wheat, you could also use white bread or a nice sourdough.
- Cheddar cheese: I like to use a sharp cheddar as I think it pairs well with the flavors of the other cheeses.
- Parmesan cheese: A harder cheese, the parmesan adds a nutty, saltier taste.
- Gruyere cheese: Extra flavor comes from using extra cheeses! Gruyere is a bit sweeter to balance out some of the sharper and saltier notes of the others.
- Fresh & Finest soup: I think grilled cheese pairs well with any soup, although its usually paired with tomato soup. I usually like their Broccoli & Cheddar soup, but I had to try their seasonal flavors! The Pumpkin and Roasted Apple Soup and Butternut Squash Bisque are both delicious!
How to Make Sheet Pan Oven Baked Grilled Cheese
Start your oven baked grilled cheese by buttering one side of slices of bread.
Then place half of the bread slices on a prepared baking sheet, buttered side down.
Top each slice of bread with all three types of cheese, before topping with another piece of bread, with the buttered side up. Then toss in the oven at 400 for about 10 minutes, flipping halfway through and looking for the bread to be toasted and the cheese to melt.
While the grilled cheese sandwiches are cooking in the oven, you can take your soup of choice and warm it up either on the stove or in the microwave! This time around, I went with the Butternut Squash Bisque.
When the bread is golden brown and the cheese is melty, remove from the oven and serve alongside your soup. Enjoy your Sheet Pan Oven Baked Grilled Cheese!
Shake Things Up
- Use different cheeses. Try different combinations of what you already have! Pepper jack, provolone, American cheese, or swiss cheese all can be found already grated or sliced at your local grocery store.
- Add some protein. Bacon, ham, or turkey could all be added to this sandwich easily to add some flavor and protein!
Frequently Asked Questions
Should you press down on grilled cheese?
Maybe when cooking in a pan, but not when cooking in the oven.
How do you reheat grilled cheese?
It’s super easy to reheat your grilled cheese by tossing it back into the oven! It’ll taste like it was fresh and new.
Do you butter both sides of bread for a grilled cheese?
It won’t affect the toastiness of the sandwich, but will add more buttery flavor if you butter both sides of your bread.
More Quick Meals
- Chicken and Green Bean Stir-Fry
- Oven-Fried Chicken Tenders with Panko
- Cheeseburger Meatloaf Muffins
- Stovetop Mac and Cheese with Tuna and Peas
- Lazy Day Lebanese Stuffed Cabbage
Did you try this recipe and like it? The next time you make it, snap a picture and share it to your socials! Tag @thelemonbowl and #thelemonbowl so we can admire and share your dish.
With the convenience of pre-made, single-serving soups made from quality ingredients, D&W Fresh Market will help you have a meal quickly or on-the-go! And my Sheet Pan Oven Baked Grilled Cheese is the perfect pairing.
No fork required.
Sheet Pan Oven Baked Grilled Cheese
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (at room temp)
- 8 slices bread (any kind)
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese (shredded)
- 2 ounces gruyere cheese (grated)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees and spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread each piece of bread with butter then place four of them butter-side down on the baking sheet. Top with equal parts of all three cheeses then top with remaining four slices of bread, making sure the buttered side is on top.
- Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes flipping once halfway through. Feel free to bake a bit longer if you prefer the bread to be on the toastier side.
Disclosure: This recipe was developed in partnership with Spartan Nash. Thank you for supporting the brands that make The Lemon Bowl possible. All thoughts are my own.