Spicy Lebanese potatoes, traditionally known as “batata harra” are roasted until crispy then tossed in a fragrant sauce made with garlic, cilantro, cayenne and lemon. The most versatile side dish recipe!
Whenever I find myself stuck in a side dish rut, I look to my heritage for flavor inspiration. These Spicy Lebanese Potatoes, better know as “batata harra” are not only full of lemony garlic flavor but they couldn’t be easier to make!
We happened to have a bag of Blushing Belle Little Potato Company creamers on hand but any variety will work. To start, simply halve them then roast with olive oil and salt until crispy.
When the potatoes come out of the oven, you toss them in the spicy Lebanese sauce made with cilantro, garlic, cayenne and lemon. YUM right??
What would you serve these potatoes with?
Your fork is waiting.
Spicy Lebanese Roasted Potatoes
- 24 Blushing Belle or other Little Potato Company variety of creamers halved
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
Spicy Lebanese Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- ¼ cup cilantro minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Spread on baking sheet in a single layer and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast until crispy, about 20 minutes.
- About 5 minutes before the potatoes are done roasting, prepare the Spicy Lebanese Sauce. Begin the sauce by heating olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in the cayenne, cilantro and lemon juice and cook for another 30 seconds; remove from heat and pour sauce over the roasted potatoes. Serve warm.
Disclosure: I am honored to be a Brand Ambassador for The Little Potato Company. Thank you for supporting the brands that make The Lemon Bowl possible. All thoughts are my own.
Check out my Pinterest board to see more Lebanese recipes!