A fast 15-minute meal, your family will love these tender, grilled lamb chops served with a cool and creamy Greek tzatziki yogurt-cucumber sauce.
Lamb is very popular in Middle Eastern cuisine so it likely doesn’t surprise you that I’m a huge fan of it. We grew up eating ground lamb rolled into lemony Lebanese stuffed grape leaves and stuffed into warm, freshly baked meat pies.
I love it roasted, stewed (typically with green beans in a tomato sauce), broiled, formed into a burger, you name it! But when the weather heats up and it’s too hot to be in the kitchen, you better believe I’m grilling it.
Naturally tender with a decent amount of fatty tissue, lamb is ideal for throwing on the grill. As the meat cooks it becomes caramelized and slightly charred, perfect for dipping into cool and creamy Greek tzatziki yogurt sauce.
There’s no need to dirty a cutting board or knife and the finished dish won’t have any large chunks of garlic. This is especially important when you’re eating raw garlic which happens to also offer the most health benefits.
Have you ever tried lamb before? What’s your favorite way to prepare it?
Your fork is waiting.
Greek Lamb Chops with Tzatziki Sauce
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cups diced cucumber (or shredded)
- ½ cup fresh dill (minced)
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic (grated)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Place lamb chops on a large platter and pat dry with paper towel.
- In a large re-sealable plastic bag or glass dish, combine lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Add chops to the bag and seal. Move bag around to make sure lamb chops are evenly coated with marinade. Marinate meat for 30 minutes or up to overnight.
- When you’re ready to grill the lamb, let meat sit out at room temperature for 20-30 minutes and pre-heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill 4-5 minutes per side or until meat thermometer reads 155 degrees. Remove from heat and let rest 10 minutes before serving.
- While lamb is resting, make the Tzatziki Sauce by combining all ingredients in a medium bowl. Check for seasoning and adjust accordingly. Serve lamb chops with Tzatziki Sauce on the side.
Looking for more simple dinner ideas? You’ll find plenty on my Healthy Entrees board!