This simple 5-ingredient side dish of roasted potatoes and cauliflower is packed with nutrients and full of roasted garlic flavor.
As you know if you read my post on 5 Reasons to Eat the Rainbow Every Day, I am a firm believer in eating a large variety of colorful foods every day. Not only does it keep mealtime more interesting but it’s one of the easiest ways to stay healthy.
The mission is simple: fill half your plate with fruits and vegetables and stay active to help make a difference in the fight against breast cancer.
You know I love brightly colored foods like green Swiss chard and purple eggplant but did you know that white produce is also loaded in important health benefits? Made with creamy yukon gold potatoes, caramelized garlic, tender cauliflower and fresh scallions, just one serving of Garlic Roasted Potatoes and Cauliflower will provide more than a day’s recommended value of Vitamin C and 6 grams of heart-healthy fiber.
In the meantime, add these Garlic Roasted Potatoes and Cauliflower to your next meal plan. If your family is anything like mine, it’s going to be a new favorite.
Your fork is waiting.
Garlic Roasted Potatoes and Cauliflower
- 8 Bushwick yukon gold potatoes quartered
- 10 ounce bag Eat Smart® cauliflower florets
- 8 cloves garlic - whole unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- diced scallions optional garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil. Spray foil with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, add all remaining ingredients (potatoes through pepper) and seal tight. Shake well so that vegetables are evenly coated in oil and salt.
- Spread oil coated potatoes, cauliflower and garlic in an even layer on baking sheet and roast until golden brown, about 35-45 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
- Sprinkle with minced scallions to serve.
For more healthy and delicious Sides head over to Pinterest!