Our little guy is still several years away from preschool but I can’t help getting into the “back to school” spirit this time of year. Fall is a busy time for our family: birthdays, weddings, showers, our anniversary (7 years!), business trips, a food blogging conference, and more. Needless to say, whether you have kids going back on the school bus or not, we can all appreciate a quick and easy new dinner idea.
Everytime I make turkey recipes, I feel like Bob Harper is in my kitchen taping a segment for the Biggest Loser. “So many uses! So lean! So versatile!” As cheesey as those forced segments are, the fact is turkey is very versatile, healthy and delicious.
If you take away one lesson from today’s post: teriyaki marinade need not come in a bottle. Chances are, you have much of the ingredients already in your pantry. Missing an ingredient? Skip it. It will still be delicious.
Your fork is waiting.
Grilled Teriyaki Turkey Tenderloins
- 20 oz turkey breast tenderloins
- 3 cloves garlic (grated)
- 1 tbs fresh ginger (grated)
- ½ c soy sauce (low sodium)
- ½ c orange juice
- ½ tbs sesame oil
- 2 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 1 Juice of lemon
- ½ tbs chili garlic paste (optional)
- Place turkey tenderloins in a resealable plastic bag and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all remaining ingredients and pour over turkey.
- Marinade 30 minutes or overnight.
- Pre-heat grill to medium high heat.
- Place turkey tenderloins on the grill and cook for 7-9 minutes per side, rotating once. Turkey is ready when thermometer reads 145 degrees or higher.
- Let rest 5-10 minutes before slicing.
Hi Liz!! Made this last night; used chicken breasts (what I had on hand), and subbed cherry juice for orange juice. (Leftover from your slow cooker pork with cherry/soy marinade!!) Marinated the chicken for an hour, seared on the stove and they turned out delicious!!!
Oh I’m SO GLAD you made these!!!!!!! Such an oldie but goodie recipe!
Is that cilantro in thepicture?
The grill is covered in snow right now…what about the oven?
The broiler is Winter’s grill! Broil on each side until cooked through!