Apple season continues here in Michigan and to celebrate, we recently picked up a big bag of crisp gala apples from a local orchard. Is there anything worse than a mealy apple? I vote no.
Truth be told: I love a fresh apple but a fresh apple mixed with creamy natural peanut butter? Yes, please. All of my friends know that I am mildly obsessed with Koeze natural peanut butter. Not only is it roasted locally here in Grand Rapids but it comes in the most adorable glass jar.
This is thrilling for two reasons:
1. The glass jar can be microwaved. (Warm peanut butter anyone?)
2. When the peanut butter is almost gone, the jar instantly becomes a re-sealable container for overnight oats.
If you love the idea of making breakfast the evening before but don’t love the idea of cold oats, simply pop the jar in the microwave and a warm breakfast will be ready in 30 seconds.
fork spoon is waiting.
- Serving size: 1 jar
- Calories: 408
- Fat: 14 g
- Saturated fat: 2.4 g
- Unsaturated fat: 11.6 g
- Trans fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 60.9 g
- Sugar: 20.9 g
- Sodium: 143 mg
- Fiber: 10.8 g
- Protein: 18.5 g
- Cholesterol: 5 mg
- ¼ c steel cut oats
- ½ c milk – fat free
- ⅓ c plain yogurt – low fat
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbs peanut butter – natural (or whatever is left in jar)
- ¼ banana – sliced
- ½ apple – cored and diced
- In an almost-empty peanut butter jar or another resealable glass jar, combine all ingredients except banana and apples.
- Seal jar and refrigerate overnight.
- Top with banana slices and diced apple in the morning.