This naturally sweet, protein-packed banana raspberry chia smoothie is perfect for busy mornings or sipping on-the-go.
Smoothies are one of the easiest and fastest ways of ensuring your body gets all of the nutrients it needs to start the day. And as your resident smoothie queen, I’ve brought you another variation to try! As you’ve probably noticed, I rarely make the same smoothie twice in a row. That’s what’s great about smoothies – you can mix it up based on what you have on hand, what’s in season, and what you need to use up. My Banana Raspberry Chia Smoothie keeps me full all morning long, as uses up those frozen berries from the summer!
- Banana: My favorite way to naturally sweeten my smoothies is with a nice, ripe banana!
- Raspberries: Use fresh or frozen to add color and sweet, tart flavor to your smoothie.
- Greek yogurt: While you can use plain non-Greek yogurt, I prefer to use Greek as it’s higher in protein.
- Chia seeds: Full of fiber and antioxidants, they add very little flavor but a lot of nutritional value.
- Protein powder: Protein is what helps to keep you full and energized, so I like to pack my smoothies with my favorite protein powder to keep me going all morning long.
- Cinnamon: Adds a bit of warmth and sweetness to the smoothie.
- Nutmeg: Paired with the cinnamon, it’s warm and nutty flavor adds variety.
How to Make Banana Raspberry Chia Smoothies
Start your banana raspberry chia smoothie by peeling your banana and adding it to your blender.
Then add either your fresh or frozen raspberries. You could also try using a different kind of berry, like blueberry or strawberry!
Next add your yogurt to the blender.
And sprinkle in your favorite protein powder.
Then add in the chia seeds.
And sprinkle in the cinnamon and nutmeg before adding water.
Then blend away until smooth, adding more water or ice to get your desired consistency.
When finished, pour into glasses and serve, topped with fresh fruit and more chia seeds. Then enjoy your banana raspberry chia smoothie!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can you put raw chia seeds in a smoothie?
Yep! No need to do anything to the seeds beforehand.
Are chia seeds better blended or soaked?
Chia seeds are chalk full of nutrition whether they are blended into a smoothie, soaked first, or just eaten raw.
Can I prepare my smoothie ahead of time?
Yes, and making freezer smoothie bags are one of the ways I cut-down time in the morning.
- Green Detox Smoothie
- Ginger Berry Fruit Smoothie
- Blueberry Banana Oatmeal Smoothie
- Chocolate Orange Protein Smoothie
- Apple Cinnamon Smoothie
Drink It, Like It, Share It!
Did you try this smoothie and like it? The next time you make it, snap a picture and share it to your socials! Tag @thelemonbowl and #thelemonbowl so we can admire and share your drink.
What are your favorite smoothie ingredients? I’d love to hear how you make this your own in the comments!
Your straw is waiting.
Banana Raspberry Chia Smoothie
- Place all ingredients except for the ice in a high-speed blender and puree until smooth.
- Add a handful or two of ice and pulse again until smooth.
- Pour in a glass and enjoy.