These fresh and flavorful baked fish tacos with mango salsa are made with broiled tilapia and topped with a sweet and spicy mango salsa.
I don’t know what it is about tacos but they just seem to make everyone happy. Even though my husband isn’t a huge fan of Mexican food, we now officially out-rank him 3:1 so taco night is a regular occurrence around here these days.
Lucky for me, my boys love seafood of all kinds so we created these quick and easy fish tacos topped with a fresh mango salsa. If you’ve never tried preparing seafood at home or are slightly intimated by the cooking process, I urge you to reconsider. Fish beyond a number of health benefits, is versatile, protein-packed, low in calorie and extremely fast-cooking.
We happened to pair tilapia with the Cajun seasoning but this fresh mango salsa would be equally delicious on top of salmon, shrimp or even swordfish. Serve with warmed corn tortillas and fresh lime wedges and taco night is in the books.
No forks required.
Baked Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa
- 1 pound tilapia (or any firm white fish seasoned with 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning and 1 teaspoon salt)
- 1 ripe mango (peeled and diced)
- ½ cup cilantro (minced)
- ½ cup red onion (minced)
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice (1-2 limes)
- 1 minced jalapeno (remove seeds and stem for mild salsa)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 12 corn tortillas
- Pre-heat broiler on high. Line a broiler pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. Arrange prepared fish filets in a single layer and broil until fish is golden brown the flakes easily with a fork, about 6-8 minutes.
- While the fish is broiling, prepare mango salsa by tossing together all ingredients in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the fish from the broiler pan to a plate and flake into bite-sized pieces with a fork.
- To prepare the corn tortillas, heat canola oil over medium-high heat in a large non-stick pan. Using tongs, quickly toss the tortillas in the warm oil about 30-60 seconds per side and move to a plate lined with a towel. Cover the tortillas to keep warm and continue until you heat all 12 tortillas.
- Divide the fish between the tortillas and top with mango salsa to serve.