An easy to make seafood dish, my Salmon with Lemon and Oregano uses my two favorite ingredients and is ready in only 20 minutes.
I love salmon, and so does my heart. Super rich in omega-3 fatty acids, high in protein and various vitamins and nutrients, you’ll hardly find a healthier option for your dinner table. And when it comes to seafood, you can’t find a much easier dish to make than my Salmon with Lemon and Oregano.
- Salmon fillets: Like previously mentioned, salmon is very healthy for you, and is rich and slightly oily in flavor.
- Lemon zest: As long as you don’t zest too far into the white, lemon zest is intensely citrusy in flavor without being bitter.
- Dried oregano: Bold and earthy in flavor, oregano is used in many cuisines around the world.
- Garlic: Can be described as spicy, nutty, and earthy, it sweetens up as it is cooked.
- Salt & pepper: Balances off the flavors and makes for a well-rounded, delicious dish.
How to Make Salmon with Lemon and Oregano
Start your Salmon with Lemon and Oregano by patting your salmon dry and laying the fillets on a prepared sheet pan or grill plate.
Then use a microplane or grater to zest your lemon into a small bowl.
Then grate your garlic into the same bowl.
Drizzle in the olive oil.
And add the dried oregano, before giving a little stir.
Then brush or spread the spice mix over the salmon fillets.
Then broil in the oven or toss on the grill for 8-10 minutes. Serve with fresh lemon slices so you can squeeze the lemon juice over the cooked fish, and enjoy your Salmon with Lemon and Oregano!
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the best cooking method for salmon?
Pan-searing is a delicious and quick way to cook salmon, but I also love grilling it.
What spices go well with salmon?
Salmon pairs well with so many herbs and spices. Common ones include oregano, parsley, rosemary, cilantro, thyme, and basil.
Can I eat salmon skin?
Yes! Cook the salmon skin side down, and it should become nice and crispy.
Complimentary Side Dishes
- Lebanese Rice Pilaf with Vermicelli
- Greek Salad with Feta
- Lemon Dill Green Beans
- Greek Brown Rice Salad
More Seafood Recipes
- Shrimp and Broccoli Penne
- Baked Scallops with Panko
- Baked Dijon Salmon
- Cajun Shrimp Pasta
- Parmesan Crusted Baked White Fish
Did you try this seafood recipe? The next time you make it, snap a picture and share it to your socials! Tag @thelemonbowl and #thelemonbowl so we can admire and share your meal.
As the weather warms up, this is a favorite for a quick meal made out on the grill. But when it’s cold out, just make it in the oven! Either way, you’ll have a delicious salmon dinner in under 20 minues.
Your fork is waiting.
Salmon with Lemon and Oregano
- 12 ounce salmon fillet (preferably wild)
- 1 zest of lemon
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Lemon wedges (to serve)
- Pre-heat broiler.
- Meanwhile, mash together lemon zest, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Gently rub spice mixture over salmon then broil for 8-10 minutes (based on 1 in thick fillets.) Serve with fresh lemon wedges.