A collection of 20 healthy make-ahead breakfast recipes to help you save time and get your metabolism running in the morning.
After receiving so much positive feedback from the healthy make-ahead lunch recipe roundup, we are back at it again with the most important meal of the day: breakfast. I don’t know about you, but after 12+ hours of not eating, I am always ready to break the fast come morning.
I’m not sure if it’s a toddler thing or if it’s just my boys but breakfast is almost always the biggest meal of the day in our house. I don’t know where these boys put it but it is not unusual for them to have eggs, fruit, toast and a smoothie any given morning of the week. Come dinner, they’ll have one or two bites of food and call it a night. We should all take a cue from kids and listen to our stomachs at mealtime, not just follow the clock.
Of course, I also know that planning ahead is the key to success, especially when it comes to making smart food choices first thing in the morning. To get you started, I’m sharing 20 healthy breakfast ideas- all of which can be prepared in advance so that you have no excuse for missing that first opportunity of the day to get your metabolism up and running.
Your fork is waiting.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oatmeal from The Lemon Bowl
- Pumpkin Pear Almond Baked Oatmeal from Bakepedia
- Chia Seed Pudding with Maple Strawberries from Very Culinary
- Turkey Breakfast Sausage from The Lemon Bowl
- Chocolate Banana Muffins from Texanerin
- Ham and Cheese Baked Egg Cups from The Lemon Bowl
- Homemade Pop Tarts with Molasses Glaze from Food Faith Fitness
- Ham and Cheese Rye Muffins from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Cheesy Sausage and Pepper Egg Bake from The Lemon Bowl
- Mango and Overnight Quinoa Flakes Parfait from Simply Quinoa
- Make-Ahead Fruit and Yogurt Protein Parfaits from The Lemon Bowl
- Crispy Baked Breakfast Taquitos from Valerie’s Kitchen
- 18 Fast, Healthy Breakfast Ideas from Real Simple
- 27 Make-Ahead Breakfasts That Are Actually Good For You from Buzzfeed
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies from The Lemon Bowl
For more Healthy Breakfast Ideas head over to Pinterest!